Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Official Day 2 Smoke Free

I just put on my second patch, which means I am officially entering the second day smoke free. I haven't even been near a smoker, so I haven't had any of the secondhand smoke either. With DBF and roomie well into their quits, I feel a lot more strength than I would have otherwise. I have 2 people who have just recently gone through this, who know what it's like and who understand why I'm moody and depressed. I'm very lucky.

On the other hand I don't think my waistline will like this very much. I've been eating candy like it's going to get cancelled tomorrow. I guess I should just throw all of it away and avoid the convenience stores.

Speaking of throwing away...I threw away 2 opened packs and 1 unopened pack, along with 3 lighters today. It felt strange, throwing away something that I used to worship, something that I would never even waste 1 of. And it was hard to actually have the lighter in my hand. But I did it. I threw them away at the car wash, so there won't even be any temptation to go digging through my trash to get them back. Hey, it's an addiction, and a junkie has no problem digging through trash for a hit.

I'm off to school in a few, proudly wearing my tanktop and displaying my patch. I've gotten a lot of support from random strangers today who have told me their quitting experiences. It feels good.

1 comment:

~ RebekahBoo said...

good for you girl. Keep up the good work.