Thursday, June 01, 2006

Day 3 begins


It hasn't been so bad. Certainly not unbearable. But it has its moments of suckiness. I'll definitely never tell anyone that it was easy, that's for sure.

Last night I went to bed with a sore throat, stiff neck, tight chest and a raging dizzy headache. I found the junkie talk trying to bargain with me "Just one, it won't really wreck your quit. Even a puff, it'll make you feel better." Luckily, with the help of a support group online, I've learned already to seperate junkie talk from my own mental voice. I was able to keep the junkie at bay.

My car is clean, the top was down and I had a blast yesterday. I drove everywhere I could think of with the top down, just celebrating that I could, because I didn't need to worry about how to light cigarettes with the wind blowing. It's pathetic how much power those things had over me.

Please, any one who can spare a few, I could still use your prayers. I know that it will get worse before it gets better. And I'll be facing some really, really hard triggers this weekend, so I'll need all the extra strength I can get.

No comments: