Wednesday, May 24, 2006



Okay, so I did it. I finished cleaning some more and got the bug to go out and take some pictures.

But first I went to Wal Mart and got some cute foam stamps for only 1.47, upper and lower case alphas. They're great. Plus, the clearance section was full of ribbons and adhesives and even some albums. I grabbed a rubber alpha set for only 5$. And of course the obligatory kitty litter and catnip toys.

As for the pictures, I'm not sure how I feel. I mean, I feel good that I practiced, but I'm not sure how they came out for a first timer. I felt like a complete tool in the park taking the pictures. There was a baseball game going on and a million parents with their kids. I think I freaked them out a little bit. I tried to stay very close to the flowers and make it look completely obvious that I wasn't some freak trying to sneak their kids into the picture for some reason.

Again, most of these came out too bright. I swear there wasn't that much sunshine out. I don't know why that's happening. I guess I have a date with my camera manual later tonight.


I had never been to this park before. I was expecting there to be a garden or something, like there were at parks where I used to live. But there was only weeds, and some really cool looking bushes, which I didn't get pics of because they were right next to playing children and the paranoid parents I mentioned earlier. I like this shot because it was a random flower growing out of a crack in the pavement. It just struck me.

And this one too, it's too bright. But the bush was so cool, it was weaving itself in and out of the fence. And every time the wind blew, the whole fence would sway because the bush took over the whole thing. I drive by that park every day, I can even sometimes hear the baseball games from my porch, yet I've never been. I'm going to go explore the walking trails next weekend. Hopefully I'll catch some shots of bugs or something, which is what I was really hoping for today. My only option was bees, and I just got the feeling that a group of bees in a flower would not appreciate being photographed.

No comments: