Thursday, July 06, 2006

I don't know if today could have gotten any worse. It was just so....so blah! And I hated it.

Exfept for this little part: My boss was putting up a sign today that said Now Hiring: Shift Supervisor. I told her I could do it, just gie me the manager code! And I was kind of joking around, kind of being a bitch cause I really should be supervisor before they hire anyone from the outside. Well, the other manager says I should apply, and then the big big manager says she wants to talk to me tomorrow morning, first thing. And there's a supervisor at work who has been teasing me for a few weeks saying I'm the next supervisor, and he's going to train me himself so it'll be like torture.

So I have this weird feeling that I was being considered for the job beforehand, but for some reason nobody had approached me. Maybe they thought I wouldn't be interested? Well, I sort of am.

It will mean taking on more hours, on top of school and a non-existant social life. BUT it will be more freedom in the store, more respect, more money, and much better experience for later jobs. I'll have managerial experience. That's HUGE when applying for jobs later.

I hope that's what the big manager wanted to talk to me about. I really do. I'm going to pray on it tonight and see where tomorrow brings me. I could use some prayers from everyone else too. Getting a raise right now would make my entire life a little more secure. Thanks!

No comments: