Monday, May 21, 2007

People like you...

I am officially in my last week of CVS. Today I was sitting in the office contemplating staying on for one night a week as well as occasional Sundays. You know, don't burn bridges and all that. I had just decided that I have so many good friends and so many great experiences that it would be worth doing. When in walks the customer from hell. This will be my first customer complaint in two years. I can't say that I don't deserve it either. She started by slamming an item on the counter for a return. Fine I can deal with that, I do I every day. But then she says, with a horrible attitude, that she wants her out of star sales tax refunded because she paid it and she wants it in cash. Before I could even say anthing she told me not to even try because she has worked for CVs and she knows I can do it. Well I can't. It's not possible to do in the registers. She completely flipped, telling me I need to learn how to deal with customers blah blah. At this point I have a line so I opened my drawer and have her the stupid 98 cents. Then refunded her in cash for a purchase she made on a card. Whatever. She got what she wanted so I thought she would leave. But instead she wanted my name, manager's name and phone number. Guess giving her what she wanted even though it's against company policy wasn't good enough for her. Oh and to top it off she went over to another cashier and started bad mouthing me. I really think she was disturbed. The only comfort I he is thinking that she got thus way from her previous years at CVS, dealing with people like herself. I'm sure my manager will shrug it off as I usually get a few email or phone call compliments a month and I've never gotten a complaint. But it still makes me mad that thee are people in this world with such entitlement issues and such nastiness in them.

No comments: