Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Job! Graduation!

Last week was just a whirlwind.

I had a job interview on Friday. Graduated from college on Saturday. Had a second interview this past Thursday. Today, I slept until 2 pm. I needed that!

My first interview went very, very well. So well, in fact, that the interviewer told me to give my current job my two week's notice. So my last day there is the 28th. She scheduled me for a second interview on Monday.

However, when I got out of church on Friday night, there was a voicemail from the director of the company, canceling my second interview. Turns out she wanted to interview me personally. Yikes!

She wanted to offer me a much better position. However, the drive was way too much for me, and the pay not enough. I ended up acing that interview, but turning down the better position. Financially, it didn't make sense right now. I wouldn't be making enough money to relocate closer to the job, and gas prices would have killed my take-home.

So I will be making less money, but working much closer to home. And doing a job that I think I will love. I'm so excited to start. And I will be working in the same building as my mom, so I will probably get to see her a lot more often now.

No more retail. No more rude customers. No more nights, weekends, holidays. No more stressing over the changeability of a retail week-to-week schedule. No more worrying about a week with no hours and no money. No more having to stress over being scheduled on Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. My family might actually *see* me on holidays! And I will have health insurance....oh, sweet, sweet health insurance.

I loved my coworkers, and will miss them dearly, but there are some things about retail that I would never wish upon my worst enemy.

I have so many other thoughts, but not enough energy to concentrate them into a post right now.

No comments: