Monday, May 21, 2007

Last night's post

I forgot to finish off the title of last night's post, and bring the post to somewhat of a coherent close. I was typing it in bed and typing on my phone makes my fingers hurt so I guess I was in a rush. It was meant to end with the fact that it's people like that woman who make people like me hate an otherwise pleasant job. She really made me question if it is worth staying on for a few extra bucks a month.

Tonight I'm going to a little cookout with the guys. And SJ ladies know the story about this racist girl and her crap. Supposedly she won't be there, but I have a feeling those plans will change. So I have to decide whether to be on my best behavior and ignore her crap, or if I should set a tolerance limit and then give her a piece of my mind at that point. I know it will cause stress in my friendships but I'm really starting to question the hearts of friends who don't stick up for me in something this serious. And I'm questioning Brent too, because he hasn't actively put his foot down with her or anyone else in my defense. I'm just trying to see it as Brent letting me fight my own battles since technically I haven't straight out asked him to step in yet. Maybe I should. Plus, he likes to avoid conflict whenever possible. Meaning All. The. Time. I've never seen him stick up for anything if it could potentially cause a conflict.

We'll see how this goes. I think I'll set a limit and be prepared to leave gracefully when that limit is reached. With or without Brent. If he won't step up and support me, then he can find his own ride home and deal with the guilt of adding to my already feeling bad.

No comments: